You are here
KCACTF UMD Students Honored
BRAVO to UMD Theatre at KCACTF regionals.
UMD Department of Theatre was strongly represented in the Kennedy Center American College Theatre Festival (KCACTF) regionals this past week. Amazing awards to our AWESOME UMD Theatre students.
- Reese Britts, Daysha Ramsey and April Roeder were part of the tap ensemble in the MusicTheatre Intensive ("The Stair Dance" from 42nd Street).
- Austin Becker, Christopher Hoffmann, Megan Graftaas and Deryck Hak performed in the Longform Improv showcase.
- Catherine Dukelow's 10-minute play, From Heaven Above, was given a concert reading, with Daysha Ramsey in the cast. It was one of six performed at the Festival, out of 95 submitted. Catherine received an Honorable Mention and her respondents praised the play as being "great fun" and "wildly producible."
- Lauren Hugh's full-length play, Beneath It All, was one of four full-length plays from the region sent to be read by judges for the national festival.
- And Reese Britts (with partner Miranda Neuhaus) was one of sixteen (out of 331) to make it to the Final round of the Irene Ryan Acting Scholarship auditions, where he and Miranda were awarded Best Musical Theatre in the semifinal round.
Learn more about the School of Fine Arts' Department of Theatre.