You are here
Educational Technology Support for Fall 2016
Get the scoop on what's happening in Ed Tech from new scheduled sessions to tech updates.
Attend a Tech Tune-up Drop-in Session
Drop by Kirby Plaza 175 with questions or bring a laptop/mobile device to work on your courses. No registration is required for these open sessions. Sessions run August 22 - December 15, 2016.
- Every Monday 1:30 to 3:30 p.m.
- Every Tuesday 10 to 11 a.m. and 2 to 3 p.m.
- Every Wednesday 8:30 to 10:30 a.m.
- Every Thursday 10 to 11 a.m. and 3 to 4 p.m.
No Waiting: The Educational Technology Intake Process for Faculty and Instructional Staff
You don’t have to wait for workshops or scheduled sessions to get started. Here’s how to get the assistance you need!
- For technical issues, please contact the Helpdesk at 218-726-8847 or firstname.lastname@example.org to have a service ticket generated, or attend a Tech Tune-up drop-in session.
- To request a consultation please email email@example.com and an Educational Technologist will respond within 1 business day to schedule a consultation.
Visit the UMD Educational Technology information page to get the full scoop on educational technology staff and services.
Moodle Updates for Fall 2016
Fall Semester is here! We would like to share updates about some enhancements in Moodle for Academic Year 2016-2017 (Moodle 3.0). View a list of New Features in Moodle 3.0 or check out the Moodle 3.0 Features Course.
In addition, here are a couple of tips to help you prepare for the semester:
- If you are using Moodle for your class, make sure to unhide your course site so students can access it.
- Look at the Start of Semester Checklist to ensure you have everything ready for your class and help your students find your course site.
Webex Personal Meeting Rooms
Webex, the University system’s supported web conferencing tool, now offers fully-functioning Personal Meeting Rooms. The Personal Meeting Room is an individualized video conferencing space available to faculty, staff and students. The “room” allows you to meet quickly and easily by sharing a permanent URL for participants to join. A great tool for virtual office hours or group work. Learn how to get started at the WebEx: Personal Meeting Room Overview web page.
Google Ends Hangouts On Air
Google has announced they will be removing the Hangouts On Air functionality from Google+ on Sept.12, 2016. If you want to host live web events, YouTube Live is their new solution. More information can be found at Hangouts on Air moving from Google+ to YouTube Live.