You are here
October 2019 Ed Tech Update
Over ten academic technology roundtables, webinars, and workshops are available in October.
Above and beyond our weekly drop-in hours, there are a variety of learning opportunities offered in-person, online and self-paced (anytime, anywhere) throughout the month of October.
The October Canvas Roundtable sessions are one of our newest opportunities to learn in-person at UMD in the new Academic Technology Center. We hope you will join us to learn about some important Canvas grading features this month or engage in any one of the many opportunities to learn more about the many academic technologies available to educators at UMD.
October Canvas Roundtables
October Canvas Roundtables will be held in the Academic Technology Center with a focus on grading. Topics covered will include:
- Uploading grades from Scantron files to Canvas
- Selecting a Canvas grading scheme (to ensure final letter grades are assigned to a certain percentage range)
- Setting up a Canvas weighted or unweighted gradebook
Two October sessions will be held in the ATC (Kirby Plaza 166):
- Thursday, October 3, 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
- Tuesday, October 15, 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
Register for these October webinars offered by our UMN colleagues and system-wide partners.
|Build a Homepage with Design Tools||October 15, 2019||11:30 - 12:30 pm|
|Online Peer Review: Engaging and Balanced Assessments||October 17, 2019||11:00 am - 12:00 pm|
|Canvas Learning Data and Analytics Foundations||October 22, 2019||1:00 - 2:30 pm|
Sign up for the next online Canvas workshop geared towards groups and collaborative work. This workshop explores Canvas Groups, a feature which allows instructors to facilitate group work in a space dedicated to each group within the Canvas environment.
|Facilitate Groups and Collaborative Work||October 28 - November 1|
Online Self-Paced Canvas Training
Canvas online training opportunities are now fully self-paced, online. These sessions are always open to begin at any time and completed at your own pace. Participants still get instructor interaction and feedback on completed activities,
- Begin with Design and Navigation Decisions (Discover Canvas Series #1)
- Create and Organize Content and Assessment (Discover Canvas Series #2)
- Assess Student Progress (Discover Canvas Series #3)
- Canvas: Integrate Media with Kaltura
- Design challenge: Understanding learning analytics
Join the Inclusive Design 24 (#id24) online event, which is a free 24-hour online event for the global community. It celebrates inclusive design and shares knowledge and ideas from analogue to digital, from design to development, from planners to practitioners, and everything and everyone in between.
Learning opportunities are updated frequently. If you would like to know of upcoming roundtables, workshops, or webinars, explore our programming and workshops.